MEDICAL AND HEALTH DESTINATIONS WORLDWIDE
The Most Popular Medical Tourism Destinations and a few interesting anecdotes.
Africa and the Middle East
- Bahrain - IVF clinics attract medical travelers from the Persian Gulf.
- Iran - Nose jobs are done in Iran more than in the States.
- Israel - a tiny country boasts international medical facilities and top notch doctors.
- Jordan - The King Hussain Cancer Center in Jordan is one of the biggest in the Middle East.
- Mauritius - Medical tourists from the UK come for the crystal waters and the good medical clinics.
- Qatar - Qataris can do cosmetic surgery with no extra costs, it’s funded by their Heath Fund Scheme.
- Saudi Arabia - Ayurveda medicine is practiced on medical tourists.
- South Africa - Medical tourists from the African continent, travel to South Africa for safari & surgery.
- Argentina - Liposuction and Tummy Tuck are popular procedures done in Argentina.
- Brazil - US citizens swarm to Brazil for plastic & cosmetic surgery.
- Canada - Canada is a popular destination for many US medical travelers.
- Colombia - Medical tourists pay a fraction of what they pay in Western counties.
- Costa Rica - A perfect destination for plastic surgery and a superb holiday.
- Dominican Republic - The Dominican Assoc. of Health Tourism is doing its best to attract medical travelers.
- El Salvador - Safer than before, ideal for a ‘paradise’ vacation plus operation.
- Mexico - The Mexican Ministry of Health monitors all medical institutions that provide service to medical tourists.
- Nicaragua - A safe country and appealing to medical travelers.
- Panama - Many medical clinics have affiliations with US Medical Centers.
- Puerto Rico - The currency in Puerto Rico is the US Dollar which is convenient to the US traveler.
- United States - Top level medical staff performing all surgeries.
- Venezuela - A high traffic destination for plastic surgery
- Australia - Dermatology oncologists have years of experience due to many skin cancer cases in Australia.
- Bangladesh - Excellent progress has been made to open first class hospitals in Dhaka.
- China - The Chinese set foot also in the health tourism industry.
- Hong Kong - Geographical closeness to China brings medical tourists for quality treatments.
- India - Private medical clinics adhere to international standards.
- Indonesia - Australians find Bali – Indonesia an attractive touristic place and a destination for cosmetic surgery.
- Malaysia - Many Indonesians go to Malaysia for top-level medical treatments.
- Pakistan - The best hair transplants done in South East Asia
- Philippines - Filipinos’ warm hospitality & care taking are important for recovery.
- Singapore - The healthcare system in Singapore is one of the best in the world.
- South Korea - Boasts robotic surgery in all fields of medicine.
- Taiwan - Ideal destination for Chinese travelers and other Asian citizens.
- Thailand - Asia’s hub for cosmetic and plastic surgery is Thailand.
- Japan - Excellent oncology innovative treatments.
- Austria - Arab Muslims from the Middle East choose Austria as a perfect medical destination.
- Belgium - The cost of hospitalization is lower than in the US & the UK, add to that qualified doctors.
- Bulgaria - Well – maintained private clinics performing affordable cosmetic surgery.
- Croatia - The hottest spot in Europe, not only for travelers but for medical travelers as well.
- Czech Republic - Plastic surgery for medical tourists has doubled in recent years.
- Cyprus - Close to three continents and popular for dental treatments.
- Denmark - Cardiology treatment & surgery is superb.
- Estonia - Scandinavians find Estonia an attractive medical location for inexpensive medical treatments.
- France – Medicine in France is top-level in all branches.
- Germany - Cheap flights, excellent medical services and inexpensive surgeries.
- Greece - Thessaloniki in Greece has a state of the art international hospital.
- Hungary - The dental hub for three decades now.
- Ireland - A high-tech country with high tech medical technology.
- Lithuania - Switched to Euro yet prices of medical treatments are still very attractive.
- Poland - Warsaw, good for traveling and surgery – all with competitive prices.
- Portugal - A prime tourist location with prime private medical clinics
- Romania - Cheap spa resorts with thermal treatments after surgical intervention.
- Russia - Ex –soviet citizens prefer Russia as a medical destination due to Russian speaking medical staff.
- Serbia & Montenegro - Excellent mineral and thermal springs for healing purposes after surgery.
- Slovakia - The tourist industry awaits the medical travelers due to increase of demand.
- Slovenia - A combination of alternative treatments with surgery.
- Spain - Low cost & high quality, perfect for European neighboring countries.
- Turkey - A strategic location between Europe and Asia for medical travelers is Turkey.